What is CORE MAP®?
The CORE Multidimensional Awareness Profile (CORE MAP)® is an effective, reliable, valid, and in-depth personality assessment tool designed to measure the multiple aspects of self perception and personality development. CORE MAP® measures and evaluates natural tendencies, preferred functioning modes, personal effectiveness traits, strengths, weaknesses, reactionary styles, relating styles, tolerance levels and more. No other instrument provides a fuller, more complete personal profile.
CORE MAP® is divided into three parts:
- SECTION ONE asks you to look inside yourself and, using one-word descriptions, define how you see yourself.
- SECTION TWO asks you to look outside yourself at the way you interact with and interpret the world around you.
- SECTION THREE asks you you evaluate the degree to which you utilize each of the trait sets available to you.
From these three evaluations you will gain a great deal of very useful information that can help you plan and direct your life to achieve optimal results.
With CORE MAP® you will discover:
- Your natural inclinations and preferred tendencies
- Ways to best tailor your lifestyle to your natural tendencies
- How early conditioning may have altered your natural personality
- Reactionary styles and persistence levels
- Motivators and de-motivators
- Occupations that compliment your style and how to succeed in other arenas
- What kind of work, environment & management style you function best within
- How to best communicate and relate to others (by type)
- How others are likely to see and relate to you
- Possible limitations and how to overcome them or compensate for them
- Natural strengths you can draw from to lead a happy, productive lifestyle
- Specific steps for achieving your highest potential
Why Use a Personality Profile?
Everyone wants to realize their full potential, to utilize their strengths and diminish weaknesses, to feel energized and motivated, to feel comfortable with who they really are. But, how do we accomplish that when so many outside agents tell us we should be different, better, or more?
Personal assessment tools are widely used by individuals, teams, and businesses to determine a person’s basic personality traits.
- INDIVIDUALS – Personality assessments are used by individuals as a source of personal awareness and growth. Coaches and counselors may ask their clients to complete a profile to discover more about their client.
- TEAMS – Personality assessments are often used by organizations to foster greater understanding, communication, and cooperation among team members.
- BUSINESSES – Personality assessments are frequently used by businesses to assist in hiring, placement, and training processes.
At Waypoint, we use the CORE MAP® Profile in our coaching and training. We have used other profiles, but have found CORE MAP® to be the most detailed and accurate instrument available.
Why? Most profiles simply report back who you think you are or who you have been nurtured to be. Such self-definition can lead to inaccurate assessments. Sadly, many people trust the erroneous data they receive and make important decisions based on the findings. They walk a path that conflicts with their true nature, never understanding why they don’t feel comfortable with where they are going. Only CORE MAP® looks at multiple aspects of the personality, indicates where any incongruence may exist, and reveals possible conditioning and masking.
View testimonies from our coaching clients.
CORE MAP® provides an in-depth look at several aspects of your personality, and unlike any other measuring instrument, it combines those aspects to provide a truly multidimensional profile. CORE MAP® evaluates your nature, then reveals how nurturing and socialization may have altered your natural personality, for better or worse. It also measures reactionary styles and personal effectiveness to give you additional tools for greater successes in business, in relationships of all kinds, and in your personal life.
CORE MAP® goes beyond self-awareness by adding dimensions that lead to self-understanding and personal empowerment, through which individuals can take greater control of their lives and can create more positive outcomes in day to day interactions with people.
By measuring your personal traits from several angles, CORE MAP® enables you to become aware of conduct that may not be serving you well, providing you the opportunity to alter or eliminate negative behaviors. You may also become aware of positive attributes and personal resources of which you were previously unaware. Awareness of the traits that are natural to your particular temperament can serve as a powerful guide, enabling you to develop yourself in positive, purposeful directions.
CORE MAP® was designed as a facilitated profile because of its many dimensions. Other profiles on the market look at only one aspect of an individual and then produce a personality overview based on the answers given. How accurate the assessment is, depends entirely upon how well the individual knows him or herself.
CORE MAP® measures both internal perception (temperaments) and external functioning (preferences), then compares these to see if they match. When incongruences exist, the causes can be so wide and varied that only a trained facilitator can effectively interpret the scores and guide individuals toward an accurate result.
Even when the profiles are congruent, facilitators can provide assistance in several areas, including life and career planning, goal setting, and personal growth.
Are you ready?
Contact us today for more information: email@example.com